This new year will be bringing lots of home projects to the Preserving Home Basics blog. This month we finalize the purchase of my in-laws’ home and move! Last week in preparation for this move we painted the upstairs bedrooms and my father-in-law and husband have been refinishing the wood floors upstairs for the past two days. Photos of the room painting will be coming later this month. By the end of the week we should be starting on the downstairs bedrooms and living room. Being able to start work on the house before we own it has been a welcome perk of purchasing my in-laws’ home.
A couple of the big projects this year will be:
1. Building a new entry to the front of the house to enclose the door that goes out to the garage.
2. Laying down sod in the backyard and finishing a paver walkway.
3. Starting on the frontyard landscape after the addition to the front of the house.
4. Laying a paver driveway and path.
5. Building a window seat and built-in bookshelves in the living room that will be used as a schoolroom.
6. Adding tall wainscoting to the masterbedroom.
Of course I’ll be sewing and crafting decorations for the house, gardening, and cooking and baking in the kitchen with some old and some new recipes. I hope you will join me this year in my journey to preserving home basics.
Happy New Year!
Caren with a “C”