Did you see the library card catalog pictured on the cover of the March 2013 issue of Country Living magazine?
I just love it!
In fact, I’ve ordered some plans from Wood Craft to build a media storage cabinet that is a replica of a library card catalog. (see plans here)
Libary card catalog drawers can be used for lots of different storage.
1. craft room odds and ends like scissors, buttons, ribbon, stamps, ink pads
2. office desk supplies like paper clips, pens, pencils, staplers, hole punchers
3. sewing room supplies like ribbon, thread, needles, tools
4. dining room items like silverware, napkins, napkin rings, candles, wine or sparkling cider
5. media like CDs, DVDs
6. bedroom storage for necklaces, rings, watches, bracelets, earrings
7. gardening supplies like seed packets, gloves, and tools
If you are looking on ebay, Craig’s List, or other internet sites, search for “Library Card Catalog Cabinet with stand“.
Here is some inspiration from Houzz.com for using them:
What would you store in a library card catalog? Leave me a comment!